Friday, February 19, 2010

Being a herbivore


Welcome! I am here to share with you my thoughts, feelings and knowledge about eating a healthy plant-based diet. I started to eat this way to heal myself and discovered that it is a lifestyle choice that I love. Each week I will post a selection of recipes that you might consider cooking for your dinners. I will include snack selections as well as breakfast and lunch ideas.


I have been eating a macrobiotic diet for almost five years and I am evolving into the type of herbivore that suits me. I have grown away from a strict macrobiotic diet and now include some food choices that are not strictly macrobiotic--like tomato sauce. I try to eat and cook with organic foods as much as possible and focus on eating whole grains and fresh vegetables. I never use refined sugar products but eat desserts regularly.


The food I cook is so delicious that I can't understand why everyone doesn't eat this way. I hope that you will join me on my journey as I continue to discover the most delicious and healthy food on the planet. You will hear about my experiences at cooking school and my trip to Italy to discover how the Italians cook healthy food naturally. Good healthy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment